Tuesday, July 24, 2012

SIX


Hello World.

I haven’t seen Dr. Joyce in almost a week.  It’s actually pretty nice.  I finally have a chance to get out and act as if I don’t see a therapist multiple times in a week.  I’ve been on several walks through the park and around town with Riley, who turned out to be more than happy to go outside with me.  I can always count on him.  We went to several places and he even took me shopping at the mall.  I only got a little nervous once and it was when we were sitting at the food court.  I guess I still need to work on eating around other people.  So many people stared at us, and I wasn’t sure if it was a good thing or bad thing…or if maybe I was just being paranoid. 

I talked to Riley about looking for a job.  Of course the first thing he asked me was if Dr. Joyce thought that was a good idea.  I told him I hadn’t talked to her about it and he looked a little uncertain.  He told me he wasn’t sure that it was such a good idea that I be getting a job so soon.  I figured that he would be that way, but I told him that I just want to keep moving forward.  I feel pretty confident that I can do it.  It’s kind of funny how only a few weeks ago I wouldn’t even have dared to think about a life outside my house.  I was always too scared about the World and people, and I was always afraid that I would hurt somebody.  Now I’m chucking myself outside into everything and I only keep getting better.  I’m not sure what it is that made me this way, but I love not feeling scared anymore.

Come to think of it, maybe it’s the dreams I have been having.
I don’t know.  Oh well.

~Willow

No comments:

Post a Comment