Tuesday, July 10, 2012

ONE

Hello World.
My name is Willow.
Don’t assume you’re something special.  I am only writing to you because Dr. Joyce told me it would be good for me.  Please don’t take that the wrong way, I don’t mean to come off as a rude person.  Let me try to explain what’s going on.


Dr. Joyce told me today that she wants me to write things.  She didn’t specify what to write, but she said that it’s a new exercise she would like me to try out.  She has read the stories I used to write and she is the only one who seems to like them.  She thinks that I am a good writer and so she came up with this whole idea of talking to you.  I didn’t think it was a good idea but she insisted.  I didn’t understand why writing to someone was any different than trying to make some kind of moderately decent conversation with someone face to face but…the more that I write the more I am coming to realize that I don’t feel nervous or scared, or even angry about it.  I don’t know if this ‘exercise’ will work wonders like Dr. Joyce thinks it will but she told me to give it time and we will eventually begin to see results.  I hope so.  It’s difficult to live in a World where you have to be social when you have no ability whatsoever to be social.

Anyway, I realize I’ve failed to mention that Dr. Joyce is my therapist.  I apologize ahead of time for skipping things, important or not, in my writing.  It’s sort of a bad habit.  If you think it is bad here, you should hear me talk in person.  Apparently, or as I am told, I don’t make very much sense when I talk.  Or at least it is difficult to decipher what I am saying.  I’m trying to work on that.  That is why I have Dr. Joyce though, to help me get better so I can maintain normal relationships and conversations with people.

Riley needs me to help him with something so I must go.
This was fun.
~Willow

1 comment: