Monday, July 16, 2012

FOUR

Hello World.
Riley left.  He only stays with us for so long to spend time with me, and then he goes home and continues to work.  I skipped out on seeing Dr. Joyce today because I haven’t been feeling well.  I had a really weird dream last night. 
Riley and I were in the woods where we had been camping and we were walking through the trees talking to one another and I kept looking over my shoulder and all around me.  It felt as if something were watching us constantly.  Riley kept talking and didn’t seem to notice me looking all around.  Eventually I started to see something black and white out of the corner of my eye but when I would turn to see what it was, it would be gone. 
I woke up and my throat was really dry and scratchy, kind of like as if I had been coughing all night.  Mom checked my temperature and told me I don’t have a fever, and I certainly don’t feel sick.  I feel fine, and my throat wasn’t even dry and scratchy for more than an hour.  Just to be safe though I called Dr. Joyce and told her I wouldn’t be coming in to see her.  I want to call Riley and tell him about my dream but, I don’t want to bother him while he’s not here with us.  When he leaves to go back to his normal life, that’s the only time he can have to himself and I don’t want to disturb that peace.  Not that I think I’m a bother to him, but I do try to respect his personal space.  After all, he’s the one person in the World besides Dr. Joyce whom I can talk to like a normal person.  Hopefully I will be able to see Dr. Joyce tomorrow and we can finally talk about what step I can take next towards having a life of my own.

I don’t feel as frightened about the World anymore.

~Willow

No comments:

Post a Comment