Thursday, October 31, 2013

FOURTYFIVE



Hello World.

It’s been quite a while since I last spoke to you.  Over the past few weeks I’ve been attending the occasional meetings that the Flock will hold in the woods past the bridge.  The kid, Kolby, would try constantly to be as close to me as possible at these meetings.  I haven’t really ever been a kid person, let alone a people person but after the first two meetings that I attended I started to talk to him more.  Sometimes I would invite him to walk home with me and at first he would hesitate but he always seemed to enjoy talking to me on my way home.  Besides nearly worshipping me like a god, the kid is actually good company, He’s started to tell me more about his home life rather than just things he likes or his older brother who also happens to be a member of the Flock.  I started to notice however that the Flock leader has begun to notice our friendship.  I get the feeling he doesn’t approve of Kolby being this close to me but, I can’t say that for sure.  The guy is a total creep and always shoots looks like that at me.  I still haven’t figured out his name though.  I had planned to ask Kolby earlier tonight because he had shown up to the house in his black hoodie and Flock mask.  Subtle right?  It’s Halloween after all so I can’t really be too hard on the kid however I advised him it probably wasn’t the best choice of costume.  When I got around to asking him what the guy’s name was he froze up and became a little uncomfortable.  He told me that it wasn’t a good idea to be asking the names of the higher ranking members of the Flock.  He then proceeded to stuff his face with a candy bar and I didn’t press the matter any further.  It kind of makes me suspicious though.  I wonder if the current ‘leader’ or Lesser Scarecrow is still Ryan, the guy Riley mentioned in his letter.  I wouldn’t know how to tell, I had never met any of these people before. 
Anyway, I can’t tell if it’s just Halloween getting to me or if something bad is coming.  It’s just a feeling, but something doesn’t seem right with some of the members in the Flock anymore. 

I don’t know I’m probably just being paranoid, happy Halloween everyone.

~Willow

No comments:

Post a Comment